The purpose of this integration to provide a window into BGL SimpleFund360 within your client and client group pages so you can get an overview of key information about your client superfunds without having to leave AccountKit.
|This is only early days for our integration with BGL; Our intention is to work closely to continue to reduce the double handling of information and ensure accuracy within your client data.|
Have a user with practice administrator user permissions enter Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab
- Hover the BGL row and select the action menu and press Connect for the BGL products you would like to connect.
- Go through the BGL login process to authorise AccountKit's access.
- AccountKit will now retrieve the superfunds within SimpleFund360 and link them to a client in AccountKit where it can find a match.
- During the matching process, the actions carried out are as follows
- Look for match via ABN
- Look for match via Name
- Where a match is found, but the ABN field is empty or incomplete in AccountKit, the ABN field will be automatically populated and where connected, push this change into Xero Practice Manager.
How do you use it?
After completing the syncing process, inevitably there will be some exceptions to deal with. This is where the exceptions report comes into it. The report lists any differences between the Authorised clients in AccountKit as compared to those with SimpleFund360 superfund list.
Managing your Simplefund 360 Exceptions
To get to the report, simply head there via one of two locations
- Utilise the shortcut via the notification you would receive after a sync
- If you have access to practice settings, you can access the report via the 3 dot menu on the integrations tab.
The exceptions you are likely to come across and the way to fix them includes
- First go to your Practice Settings to ensure business types have been setup correctly, ATO Client Type of "self managed superannuation fund" or "superannuation fund" for each applicable entity type. We use this as a consistent method to filter by.
- Where the client is in AccountKit on the left, but not in the Simplefund360 list on the right.
- Archive the client in AccountKit; OR
- Add the client into SimpleFund 360 - next time we (or you) sync we'll find a match, or alternatively you can manually match after a sync has been run if the match hasn't been found.
- Where the client is not in AccountKit on the left but is in the Simplefund360 list on the right.
- Archive the client in Simplefund360 and resync; OR
- Add the client to AccountKit - next time we (or you) sync we'll find a match), or alternatively you can manually match at this point
Once the list is clear, your client lists are now in fully in sync! Congratulations!
On the odd occasion that we do not find a matching ABN to match against, you may need to manually match clients in AccountKit with those in Simplefund360.
Just follow these steps and watch the animation.
- Simply head to anywhere you see the Simplefund360 logo within the client detail page, client list page or family group page.
- Select the grey Simplefund360 logo to show the context menu
- Start to search the name of the client
- Upon selecting the client, it will complete the match with the icon turning blue
Unmatching a client
If at some point the wrong client is matched to a client in Simplefund360, you will want to manually unmatch them. Simply follow these steps.
- Go to any where you see the Simplefund360 logo (client detail page, client list page, family group page) and select the "disconnect client" option.
Client Detail Page
On the client detail page you have an integrations area where you can preview client information direct from Simplefund360for comparing against your own client data.
- Client NOT matched to a company within Simplefund360
- [Legacy UI ONLY] Client matched to a company within Simplefund360 expanded to show associated info.
Client Group Page
Within the client group, if you expand the integrations area, you will see all superannuation information details for those entities within the group.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I resolve an exception for a wound-up fund? - Simply have your practice administrator in SimpleFund 360 untick the API integration between AccountKit and BGL for each specific super fund that you don't want to push into AccountKit.
- Select the 9 dot menu in the top right of your screen and select the BGL API option
- Select AccountKit from the dropdown menu
- Select the funds option
- Then untick the funds that you don't want to transfer across to AccountKit and select the "Save Changes" option that appears in the top right.
- The client will no longer appear within AccountKit or the exception report.
|Practice Settings - Integrations||Head to practice settings for the steps to enable this integration.|
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)||Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.|
Article is closed for comments.