By connecting Gmail to AccountKit you can collate your important client emails into the correspondence register bringing visibility across the client group all in the one place.
Authorise across the practice
The process of getting up and running is super simple, just work through the following details and you'll be on your way in no time.
Have your practice administrator complete the following steps:
- Head into Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab and enable the Gmail integration. Without enabling this first, the Gmail add-on will fail authentication.
- After enabling, the Gmail icon will change colour to indicate that you've successfully enabled it. This is all you have to do here.
Authorise each user
After the practice administrator has enabled access, each user will receive a notification that they are now able to connect up their email as follows.
For each user to now enable the integration, they must follow each of the following steps.
- Either click on the link within the notification OR head to "My Profile" within your user menu in the top right of your screen.
- Then head to the Integration Settings area and select to "Connect" Gmail.
- Login to the applicable email account to authorise AccountKit to have access. (The email account you utilise in AccountKit must be the same as the email you authorise within Gmail)
- You will then be returned to AccountKit where you will find that the Gmail logo is now coloured to show that it is now enabled.
Install the addon
Now that the integration has been enabled and authorised, it's simply a matter of installing the addon. Follow the steps below to do so:
Download the add on from the Chrome store by following this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/AccountKit?hl=en-US
- The AccountKit add on will appear like below:
- Click . Your Edge or Chrome browser will now as for permissions. Click "Add Extention' to authorise.
- After clicking add extension you will notice that the AccountKit logo has appeared in your browsers extensions toolbar. At this stage, the logo will appear like this , however, when you are using Gmail your icon will be coloured like this
Using AccountKit's Gmail integration...
Now that the integration is up and running in Gmail and authorised within AccountKit, you simply need to ensure you are logged into AccountKit via Gmail. Note: If you are already logged into AccountKit you can jump to the second step.
Assigning Received Emails to the Correspondence Register
- When in Gmail, you will see the green AccountKit logo against each email when you hover over it and in the right pane. Click the icon to expand the AccountKit panel and then click the login button.
- After logging, where you have no email selected, the AccountKit panel will look like this.
- When you select an email, you will be given the option of selection a client from within AccountKit that you would like to assign an email to. Upon selecting Assign, the email will have appeared within AccountKit, along with a link back to any attachments (if any).
- Your options once assigned include as follows; If you would like to unassign the email, and thereby delete the entry in AccountKit, you have two options. Otherwise you have a direct link to the entry within AccountKit.
- Go to the register entry in AccountKit and delete the record from there.
- Select the cross next to the entity in Gmail to remove the link
Assigning New Emails to the Correspondence Register
When creating a new email from within Gmail, you're given the option of effectively utilising the AccountKit panel like your address book, giving you access to contact details and templates within AccountKit.
Here's how it works:
- Upon selecting compose, the new Create Email details populate the AccountKit panel. All you need do is:
- Choose the contact
- This populates the email field, which you can then choose a different email address.
- Choose the client that the email is with regards to.
- Optionally you can choose one of your templates to pre-populate the email for you along with any attachments.
- NOTE: For attachments to work, you must have AccountKit connected to a Document Management System like Google Drive.
- The "Assign to the correspondence register" option is optional if you want it to appear in AccountKit - this can be selected any time.
- Now press the insert button to populate the email with all the selected details.
You have a few different ways that you can utilise the Email integration within AccountKit.
You have the option to send emails from your Gmail or direct from AccountKit, whichever is easiest for you. Simply carry out as follows.
- Head to the Correspondence Register
- Select the new email option under "Create new Correspondence"
- Populate the details as per usual and hit send.
- The email will then appear in your sent items.
You and your colleagues will now be able to check out any emails sent to AccountKit in either of the following locations
- Correspondence Register
Simply check out the full list of correspondence in the register and select the summary to view the details of the email.
- Family Group page
All correspondence filtered by the selected family group, including emails, phone call summaries, meeting notes and more.
Disabling the Integration...
Disconnect each user
This is optional, as disabling at the practice level will also de-authorise all users as well. Each user can follow these steps.
- Head to "My Profile" within your user menu in the top right of your screen.
- Then head to the Communication Settings area and elect to "Disconnect" Gmail.
- The logo will then return to black and white to indicate that it is no longer connected.
De-authorise across the practice
To stop people from re-authorising the integration, you'll need to turn off access within practice settings as well.
Have your practice administrator:
- Head into Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab and Disable the Gmail integration.
- After disabling, the Gmail icon will change colour to indicate that you've successfully disabled it.
Once access has been disabled across the practice any attempt to attribute an email from Gmail will result in an authorisation error.
|Practice Settings - Integrations
|Head to practice settings for the steps to enable this integration.
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)
|Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.